No one was injured in the Halloween fire that hit a home on the 1500 block of Brierwood Road in Havertown on October 31.
According to the homeowner, a Haverford Township employee, the fire started sometime between 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. while he was at his mother's house trick-or-treating with his four children.
The homeowner said the lights were off in the house and the doors locked when he left. He added that there are no space heaters in the home.
Damage to the house appears to be extensive, though the neighboring homes are unaffected.
The Manoa Fire Company responded to the scene and had the fire out before 9:30 p.m. Chief Mike Norman declined to comment on the cause of the fire or the extent of the damage it caused.