.

Officials Pinpoint Cause of Sunday Fire

Some 20 people were left homeless following the blaze.

Officials have identified the cause of a fire Sunday in Phoenixville that left 20 people homeless.

The fire at the house on Church and Bridge streets was started in a bed, likely by a cigarette or lighter, the Chester County fire marshall told The Mercury

The fire started around 6:45 a.m. and took about an hour to extinguish, The Mercury said. Four area fire companies, including Phoenixville's, responded to the fire.

Three families, totaling 20 people, were displaced by the fire, and are receiving help from the Red Cross, The Mercury said.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »