According to the Phoenixville Fire Department, the firefighter who has not been named, "went into sudden cardiac arrest" while fighting a chimney fire in the 900 block of Township Line Road. The fire was reported at 1:03 a.m..
According to a Phoenixville Fire Department press statement emailed to Patch early Thursday morning "immediate CPR and application of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) was administered by emergency personnel. The firefighter was able to regain his pulse and consciousness after CPR. He was transported to Phoenixville Hospital where he is currently being further evaluated.
Patch will update the story and the firefighter's condition as new information becomes available.