The Phoenixville Area School District Board of Directors voted unanimously to elect Josh Gould as its new president on Monday night. Gould takes over a position that was held by Paul Slaninka for the last three years.
After thanking the outgoing president for his leadership during what he characterized as a period of disarray for the district, Gould looked ahead.
“We have a lot of work to do. Although we have been continually improving there are still a lot of issues facing us,” Gould said from the president’s seat, emphasizing the dual challenges the ongoing negotiations with the teachers union and the conflict over the East Pikeland Elementary site pose the board.
“We have a lot of things to do in addition to normal business,” he said. “[So] lets get down to work.”
Jan Potts and Dr. Dan Cushing will continue in their respective roles as vice president and secretary, while David Ziev was tapped to replace Gould as treasurer.
Additionally, the following committee chairs were announced.
- Board Buildings and Grounds—Dan Cushing
- Short Term Capital Planning Task Force—Paul Slaninka
- Long Range Planning Task Force—Dan Cushing
- Board Curriculum Committee—Jan Potts
- Board Finance Committee—David Ziev
- Board Budget Committee—Josh Gould
- Board Personnel Committee—Betsy Ruch
- Board Policy Committee—Paul Slaninka
- Board Open Forum—Jan Potts
- Board Strategic Planning Task Force—David Ziev
- Board Negotiations (PAEA)—Josh Gould
- Board Negotiations (PESPA—Support)—David Ziev
- Board Negotiations (PESPA—Aides/Professionals)—Betsy Ruch