After a nearly four hour negotiation on January 25 that involved the exchange of a pair of proposals but ended, like all those that came before it, with no new contract, the Phoenixville Area Education Association released a statement earlier this week explaining their end of things, The Mercury is reporting.
“The PAEA (Phoenixville Area Education Association) was unable to respond with a counter offer at Wednesday’s negotiating session.” the statement read. “Although both sides made movement on several issues, it was insufficient for the PAEA negotiating team to develop a counter offer.”
The meeting ended without the sides agreeing on a future negotiation date.
Previous reporting on the CBA negotiations:
- PASD School Board: Teachers Union Balked at New CBA Offer
- The New CBA That Wasn't: Fact Finder's PASD Recommendations Released
- Phoenixville School Board Rejects Fact-Finders' CBA Recommendation
- Update: Fact-Finder Appointed in Teacher's CBA Dispute
- Mediator in Teachers' Contract Dispute Could Be Appointed Soon