A warning is issued when a
hazardous weather event is occurring, imminent, or has a very high probability
of occurrence. Warning products are used for conditions that pose a threat to
life or property. Your ACTION: You should act now. Stay indoors if possible until
the storm ends. Limit any travel to only what is essential
Details of the weather warnings:
* TIMING...SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD THE AREA TOWARD MID TO LATE
MORNING...THEN CONTINUE THROUGH THIS EVENING.
* IMPACTS...TRAVEL WILL BECOME HAZARDOUS DUE TO SNOW COVERED ROADS
AND PERIODS OF VERY LOW VISIBILITY. AREAS OF BLOWING AND
DRIFTING SNOW WILL DEVELOP ESPECIALLY THIS EVENING AND TONIGHT.
THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING RUSH HOUR WILL BE SIGNIFICANTLY
* WINDS...NORTHEAST 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 TO 40 MPH,
BECOMING NORTH AND NORTHWEST OVERNIGHT.
* TEMPERATURES...MAINLY IN THE TEENS TO 20S TODAY, THEN DROPPING
TO THE SINGLE DIGITS TONIGHT.
* WIND CHILL...AS LOW AS 10 BELOW ZERO. THESE DANGEROUS VALUES
CAN QUICKLY CAUSE FROSTBITE TO EXPOSED SKIN AND LEAD TO