A hub of the community, Phoenixville Library is always buzzing. Check out its DVD collection, which sometimes features specials depending on the day of the week. Also, note the wide range of classes offered here. For visitors looking to polish up that resume or parents seeking advice on hot topics, this is the place to go.
The Phoenixville Public Library adds and changes programs often, so be sure to take a look at its website for the most up-to-date information. After you check out some books or take in a class, wander across the street to Reeves Park and relax on a bench.
- Hours: Mon - Tue, 9am - 9pm; Wed, 9am - 5pm; Thu, 9am - 9pm; Fri - Sat, 9am - 5pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes, elevators in building
- Founding Date: 1901
- Parking: On-street: free
- Size of collection: 75,000
- Specialties: The library features Spanish-language items, local history books and a big large-type collection.
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: Computer and Internet access free. Children below grade seven must have a parent or guardian to use the computers. Computer sessions are limited to 30 or 60 minutes per day, depending on available space and which computer station is used.
- Programs/classes: The Phoenixville Public Library offers everything from intro to computer classes to yoga and job seeker classes. Visit the library website for more info.
- Book donation information: Donations are currently on hold as the library is going through a renovation.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Private events: Yes